Sunday, June 22, 2014

Dockside Study

Dockside Study, 8 x 16, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2014

I hope this finds you well, and enjoying summer! I have been busy painting and playing, and otherwise distracted from blogging and technology. :) This is a piece from my Georgia trip that I never got around to posting before my little hiatus. I just finished a larger version of it for a show later this year, so I have been living in this scene for the last week or so. It's always interesting how I can be transported right back to a location, with it's ever shifting elements. In this case, it was the incoming tide and elusive light that kept me on my toes. It's always  something! 

1 comment:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Laurel,

Beautiful painting. I love your description of being transported to the place by the visual. Aren't we lucky as artists. I always feel like I am right there when I see your paintings -- even though they are so clearly paintings with amazing brushwork, thought, design -- they take me to the place you are depicting. Like magic.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara