Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Chisos Basin - Big Bend, Texas

Chisos Basin, 9 x 12, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2014
Big Bend, Texas

Have I told you that the Big Bend of Texas is a place of great diversity? It has the desert, the mountains, the river, and all of the accompanying elements. This scene is at one of the higher altitudes inside the national park. A trail from here takes many hikers out to "The Window", where these two mountain ranges come together. It's pretty cool to see. 

Above: My paint site - I love it when I remember to do this. The painting is under my umbrella shade, otherwise, the painting would have been washed out completely. 

See more plein air Field Work.

2 comments:

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Gorgeous!! Know you are having a fabulous time. River Grasses is also stunning. xoxo

Theresa Taylor Bayer said...

Looks just like the Window! Beautiful work!