Thursday, May 17, 2012

Glistening Sky

Glistening Sky, 40 x 30, Oil on canvas, L. Daniel © 2012

Billowy clouds, marsh reflections, and changing tides are all common sights in the Georgia low country... and they are anything BUT ordinary. The colors and shapes are infinitely compelling to me. This piece is in my upcoming show which opens at the Anderson Gallery on Friday night. If you are in town, please come by!!

Gardens by the Sea
3309 Frederica Road
St. Simons Island, GA
Reception Friday, May 18, 6-8 pm

Please visit my website to see the entire body of work that will be on display!

5 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

Laurel- This was my favorite from the group that I got to see. Such gorgeous yummy clean color and a stunning painting. Just beautifully painted- love love this one!!

Nancy Colella said...

I finally just got a chance to look at the work in your show on your website. The work is so refreshing! Luscious strokes in all the right values. I'd love to see these live. I bet they just pop. Your love for the subject shines through each one. Marsh's Edge is my favorite!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Beautiful colors and shapes. It breathes.

David Westerfield said...

These larger pieces are really nice Laurel. I need to get to some bigger versions of plein air paintings too.

fairiemoon said...

I love them all,but especially this one. It glows. I also love the little cabin with the illuminated side/front wall. You captured something there.

Love you,
ERin :)