Friday, February 13, 2009

At the end of Congress Avenue

Sunlit Granite, 12 x 12

When I first moved to Austin, my kids and I took the tour of this towering landmark. The tour guide made a point of telling us all that it's taller than our U.S. Capitol building in Washington, D.C. AND that it was built completely by Texans. He was very proud of that! Who knew there was a competition on this? But you know what they say, "everything is bigger in Texas." I painted this yesterday with my plein air group... we all met downtown to do cityscapes.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Whether everything is bigger or not might be a question, but it certainly looks like the weather is better. I am so impressed by your gorgeous treatment of this subject matter.
The colour, design, and brushwork are just astonishing.

Beautiful.
xoxoxoBarbara

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Good handling of the subject matter, it ALMOST makes me want to go outside and try the dreaded plein air again!