Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Speaking of cool Austin pools...

Poolside at Barton Springs, 16x12

So my sister from New York was wondering if Deep Eddy is the same pool as the one in "in that big park with the great lemonade?" No, we have TWO really amazing pools in Austin!! This painting is from the other great pool - Barton Springs in Zilker Park - also spring fed and 68 degrees year 'round. Right at the pool entrance is a bronze sculpture of 3 old legendary Austinites and a plaque quotes one of them, "I wish you might be here and go with me on a sunny afternoon... Everywhere it is beautiful..." See you soon, Erin... :)

1 comment:

fairiemoon said...

Hey Laurie,
I love the paintings and yes, I did see the reference to me which gave me not only a little thrill, but a giggle as well! Can't wait to see you! It's Roy's birthday today so we're very busy! See you soon!